Interpreting: Giving you a voice.
While translation refers to the written word, interpreting involves oral communication in different languages.
The world of interpreting is complex. But we can make it simple. We will be happy to put together a team of suitable interpreters for your particular subject area and languages, and we can also advise you on technology and setting your agenda, guaranteeing smooth communication at your event or appointment.
The type of interpreting you need depends on your event:
- Simultaneous interpreting is used at seminars, conferences, trade fairs and business events where delegates speaking different languages need to be able to follow speeches as they happen.
- Whispered interpreting, also known as chuchotage, is used where only a few people at the event require interpretation into a different language. The interpreter sits beside or between the clients and interprets what is being said simultaneously.
- Consecutive interpreting is used for conversations or speeches. The interpreter takes notes using specialist note-taking skills and then provides interpretation into the target language.
- Liaison interpreting is similar to consecutive interpreting, with the interpreter first taking notes and then providing the foreign-language version. This type of interpreting lends itself to negotiation settings or roundtable discussions.
Not sure what type of interpreting would suit your event best?
Please contact us for further information and, as well as providing tailored advice, we will be happy to find a highly qualified interpreter who specialises in your subject area. We can also take care of the technology for you.
Legal and court interpreting
Our Managing Director is an accredited court interpreter at the Supreme Court of the Canton of Zurich and is highly knowledgeable about how the Swiss legal system works. She has been working regularly for many years as an interpreter for private individuals, investigating authorities and the courts. Legal interpreting services are therefore an integral part of what we do, covering:
- contract negotiations
- mediation proceedings
- interrogations, hearings
- divorce hearings
- marriage preparation and prenuptial proceedings
- marriage ceremonies and acknowledgements of paternity at registry offices
- appointments with lawyers
Interpreting languages and technology
We will be happy to advise you on the best choice and can supply appropriately qualified personnel, infrastructure and other resources. We make sure that qualified interpreters and the right interpreting equipment are provided, such as booths or tour guide-style systems.
We provide our interpreting services in:
Other languages are available on request.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
Video conference interpreting
There is a growing need for remote simultaneous interpreting (RSI) services due to the near impossibility of staging physical events attended by international delegates.
But there are other reasons for considering a video conference as an alternative to meeting up in person. Virtual events can help you save time and money, and reduce business travel, making them a more climate-friendly option.
We are more than ideally placed to meet this increasing demand for remote interpreting services. We already specialise in liaison interpreting for institutions (including hospitals and training centres) and companies, and also offer additional video conference services, including the required platforms and technologies.
Welcoming and accompanying delegations during foreign visits
Are you looking to source all of your services from one single reliable provider who can translate your company’s specialist documentation, press releases and regular reports, nurture your relationships with foreign partners and potential clients, accompany you to international trade fairs and on visits abroad, and welcome foreign delegations?
If you are looking for an efficient and affordable way to keep in touch with your foreign customers, we can also support you with our professional video conference interpreting services.